Thursday, November 7, 2013

Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit / 4


Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit / 4

Week four:

                In this week I continued using “Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit 2014” book by Daniel John Stine CSI, CDT, to drawing the Roofs, Skylights, Floor systems and Reflected Celling plans.
 
Roofs:



At first, I draw a gable roof for the second floor and a gable roof element over the main entry.  A gable is the triangular roof which allows rain and snow to run off easily.


After that I draw low roof elements for the Living Room in the first floor and the Garage.

 
 



 
 
 
Skylights:

I selected “Skylight 24”x 27”from type selector and placed two of them in the roof to allows light on the roof to travel to the interior of a building. Therefore, they are useful in spaces that do not receive much natural daylight.
 

 
Floor System:

I created three deferent types of floors to each level:

 
 Basement Floor

Garage Floor
First Floor



Second Floor
 

 

 
 

Ceiling System:

Using Revit’s tools for drawing reflected ceiling plan include drawing different types of ceiling systems. I sketched the ceiling profile in the ceiling plan views, similar to how draw the floor systems and added so they show up in sections. Also, I added the lighting design and coordinated it.
 

 

Next week I will set the Elevations.

No comments:

Post a Comment