Saturday, November 2, 2013

Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit / 3


Week three


In this week I draw the second floor and the basement.

Second floor
 

                The first step I draw the exterior walls using “Wood Shingle on Wood Stud”, which is thin, tapered pieces of wood primarily used to cover walls of buildings to protect them from the weather.


 


                Then I draw the interior walls using “4 ½” Partition”.
 
 
 

 After that, added the doors and openings.

                Doors come in many shapes and sizes. I used the following doors:

 
Single-Panel 4 (34”x80”
 

Bifold-4 Panel (72”x80”)

Bifold-2Panal (36”x80”)

Single-Panel 4 (30”x80”)

Opening-Elliptical Arc (34”x80”)
 
 
 
 

Also I draw the windows using “Double Hung with Trim (36”x48”) for the all.
 

 
 

The Basement

 Not all residences have basement. However, we can use it as a utility space for a building where such items as the boiler and water heater are located.

 

 A basement here is one floor of the building that is completely below the ground floor. The basement walls which I used are “Foundation-12” Concrete’ typically forms the foundation of the house.

Then I added the interior walls and the stair.
 

Next week I will draw the Roofs, Skylights and Floor system

No comments:

Post a Comment